OK, so I watched this candid interview and it saddens me that a person can be deceived and puts their feelings above the authority of scripture. This just shows a very low view of scripture. The sad thing is not so much that he has now openly admitted that he is a homosexual, but that there is no sign of a wish to turn from it, He says that he does not struggle with this sin (which is the sign of a person who is saved).
- He thinks he is going to heaven ‘because he told the truth’ as if his salvation is based on that,
- He has a very scewed view of marriage and covenant
- He thinks that because he touched people by ’carrying people into the presence of the Lord’ that that somehow validates his sin
- Even though he is now living as a homosexual, he is apparently still pastoring thus disqualifying himself of the position
An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. Since an overseer is entrusted with God’s work, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. Rather he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it. (Titus 1:6-9)
- He says that he is waiting on God about the situation. Yet there is no need to wait on God as he has explicitly instructed us though scripture that homosexuality and christianity do not mix
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Cor 6:9-10)
24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. 26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. (Romans 1:24-27)
A persons experience NEVER trumps scripture. Scripture determines our doctrine and experience. Not the other way round.
Anyway, have a listen to the interview for yourself
GCM Watch goes into this in more depth. Click here to read
To get a better understanding of the homosexuality community, I strongly advise that you look at this link
Please remember to pray for Tonex