One of the problems that the christian community have is how to deal with the gay community. We dont understand why they are the way they are, what may have triggered it off, and how to effectively minister to them. We make unloving remarks about gay people and the church (and I’m talking about the people) have been very condemning and unloving towards them. Where the church is supposed to be a place of refuge, we have not made it easy for those who want to be honest with their struggles to come forward. I will be the first to admit that I have been guilty of this in the past but God has really been shaping me in this area and I have had to repent of my attitude. I pray that if you are gay, that you will watch the video below and if you are a christian that you will watch this also so that you will not be ignorant anymore in this area, gain some understanding and hopefully, if you too have been guilty of what I was, that you will repent also.
In this video, members of the P4CM EX-Homosexual Ministry answer the top questions asked by those in the gay community or curious about its lifestyle. Questions including:
- Why should I even trust the bible in the first place?
- Why would God judge me if I was born this way? Or why would he judge me if molestation led me to being gay?
- Does God hate homosexuals?
- How does God feel about gay marriage?
- How does God feel about gay adoption?
- Is there such a thing as a gay Christian?
- How do we know that God actually judge Sodom and Gomorrah – cities that were known for their homosexual behavior.
- How do I change?
- Can I still be friends with my ex?
- Am I really delivered if the temptations keep coming back?
This is just a few of the questions. Listen as Larrell (25), Bryn (35), Randy (23), Nyasha (26), Kayla (19), and Jackie (19) uncover the questions most asked by the gay community.